Thursday, November 27, 2008

Light and Fluffy Pancakes

Fluffly Pancakes

Everyone needs a nice quick staple recipe. One you know you can make because you can just reach into your cupboards pull out the ingredients and within 20 minutes start placing food on your plate!

While the original recipe is one that I can always make, my modified version pictured in this post, is one for which I often have the entire list of ingredients.

Betty Canuck's Light & Fluffy Pancakes

Dry ingredients:
3 cups flour
4 tbsp sugar (optional)
1 tsp salt
4 tsp baking powder

Wet ingredients:
4 eggs
1/2 cup applesauce (is actually home-made)
2 1/2 cups milk

Yield: 21 pancakes made with 1/3 cup of batter each

Following directions

Mix the dry and the wet ingredients separately. Then combine together, pea sized lumps are fine! [note in picture applesauce and milk still to be added to wet]

On my skillet that has 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 on its heat settings, I put it at about 3.5. I found it took approximately 3 minutes for the first side and 2.5 minutes for the second side! In the several hundred times that I've made them, this was the first time I've ever timed cooking. Rather, I watch for the bubbles and turn them over when they are nice and bubbled.

3 UP!

As you can see, I have definite hot spots on my inexpensive Walmart brand skillet, but that's okay! We love the pancakes anyways!

1 comment:

Go ahead and write something! I do want to hear what you think, after all, that's how I learn too!